mget-help - RE: [mget-help] cayula - cornillon memory crash

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'Rui Prieto'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] cayula - cornillon memory crash
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:57:46 -0400

Hi Rui,

We have not seen a MemoryError from the Cayula-Cornillon tool before, although the tool does use a lot of memory. The main factors are the dimensions of the input raster (larger == more memory), its pixel type (more bits == more memory), and the histogram window size (smaller == more memory), and histogram window stride (smaller == more memory). The parameters in your screen capture seem reasonable (they are the defaults), except that you should provide the original MODIS integers rather than using the map algebra _expression_ shown. What are the dimensions of the input raster, and what pixel type is used?

Also, if it is not too much trouble, could you repro this with verbose logging enabled and send me the complete output? Instructions at http://code.env.duke.edu/projects/mget/wiki/Configuring%20MGET%20logging. This will show exactly where the error occurs.

Best,

Jason