mget-help - RE: [mget-help] help with ascii encoding in Aviso download

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'Marco Andrello'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] help with ascii encoding in Aviso download
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:02:05 -0500

Dear Marco,

I’m sorry you’re seeing this problem. Usually this UnicodeDecodeError indicates a bug in MGET, in which we made a mistake in handling file system paths that include non-ASCII characters. We have not extensively tested all of the tools with non-ASCII paths so it is possible we have not eliminated all such bugs.

In your particular case, the problem concerns the character é. Do you have that character in either Simulation Directory parameter, or in your Windows user account name?

If possible, can you please send me the full output of the tool in ArcGIS?

Best regards,

Jason