mget-help - RE: [mget-help] GLM RPy package error

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'McElligott, Deirdre'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] GLM RPy package error
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:48:33 -0500

Hi Dee,

That is an unusual error. It comes from R itself. From what I can tell, it indicates that the carat package is installed but that R failed to load it.

MGET itself installs the caret package the first time you run the GLM tool, if it is not installed already. So I am not surprised that installing the package manually does not help.

Can you please try this:

1.    Start the i386 version of R (click Start button à All Programs à R à R i386). This is the version of R that MGET must use, to be compatible with ArcGIS.

2.    At the R prompt, type “library(caret)” without quotes and press Enter.

3.    Let me know what happens. If it fails, please send the complete output.

4.    Type “installed.packages()” without quotes and send me the complete output. It will be large, so you might have to paste into a text file.

I am hoping that it is just a bug in caret that was there temporarily. But if that was the case, you installing it again would probably have updated it to a fixed version. (At least, it is working when I installed it right now.)

Thanks,

Jason