mget-help - RE: [mget-help] MGET

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'Zahoor, Adnan'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] MGET
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:37:03 -0500

Hi Adnan,

Unfortunately the 64-bit version of MGET continues to be delayed while I finish up an urgent but unplanned non-MGET project. The ETA is now sometime in 2014. I can’t be more specific than that.

I should mention that the 32-bit version of MGET will work on 64-bit Windows with all versions of ArcGIS that are supported by ESRI on 64-bit Windows. The only time that the 64-bit version of MGET is needed for ArcGIS is when you want to use it with the new 64-bit Background Geoprocessing functionality released by ESRI for ArcGIS 10.1. Furthermore, in theory, you should be able to install that functionality and still use the 32-bit version of MGET (executing it as “foreground” tasks), although I have not verified that capability.

I hope that helps. Is there a specific scenario in which you’d like to use MGET in a 64-bit process (either 64-bit Background Geoprocessing or something else more unusual, such your own Python scripts that you want to execute 64-bit)? Just curious...

All the best,

Jason