mget-help - [mget-help] Error Messages with Installation of MGET 0.8 alpha 4 (for Python 2.5)

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: Thomas Moore <>
Subject: [mget-help] Error Messages with Installation of MGET 0.8 alpha 4 (for Python 2.5)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:01:38 -0800
Installing this file:  GeoEco-0.8a4.win32-py2.5.exe

System:  Windows Vista OS (64-bit machine)
ESRI:  ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP 1 (Build 3500)
Python:  Python 2.5

I get the following two messages:

"The MGET setup program was unable to register one or more classes from the Python GeoEco package as COM Automation classes. As a result, you will not be able to invoke these GeoEco classes from programming languages other than Python via COM Automation (i.e., the IDispatch COM Interface). This problem is rate and unexpected. Please contact the MGET development team for help with resolving it. Please provide the following debugging info:

The Python win32.com.server.register.RegisterServer function raised error: (5, 'RegSetValue', 'Access is denied.')"

"The MGET setup program was unable to register one or more classes from the Python GeoEco package as COM Automation classes. As a result, you will not be able to invoke these GeoEco classes from programming languages other than Python via COM Automation (i.e., the IDispatch COM Interface). This problem is rate and unexpected. Please contact the MGET development team for help with resolving it. Please provide the following debugging info:

python.com.RegisterTypeLib (tli, 'D:\Python25\lib\site-packages\GeoEco\COM\GeoEco.tlb') reported: com_error: (-2147319780, 'Error accessing the OLE registry.', None, None)"

The software seems to have installed correctly otherwise and I recall testing an MGET function so I believe parts of it are working OK. It's not critical, but just an FYI.

By the way, I installed the software as local administrator.

TJ

--
T.J. Moore
NOAA Fisheries