mget-help - RE: [mget-help] Sample Raster Script

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'William Michael Emigh'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] Sample Raster Script
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:47:57 -0400

Hi William,

I’m sorry you’re encountering this problem. I can help you fix it.

Recently, someone else contacted me after receiving the same error message. In that case, there was an installation problem on the machine: Python itself was not installed properly. It could be that in your case, or it could be some other things. I should be able to narrow it down if you can answer some questions:

1.    What version of MGET did you try?

2.    Did this machine ever have any version of ArcGIS on it other than 10?

3.    Did you ever install Python yourself, or did you allow ArcGIS to do it for you? (If you don’t know, most likely ArcGIS did it for you.)

4.    Can you please go to the Windows Control Panel and then the Add/Remove Programs (if Windows XP) or Programs and Features (if Windows Vista or Windows 7) and tell me the names of all programs that begin with the word Python? If it is easy, just send me a screen shot.

And finally, could you please try this procedure:

1.    Save the attached file to your desktop.

2.    Double click on the saved file. A window will open and then close rapidly.

3.    There will be a new file on your desktop called GetMoreInformation.txt. Please email it to me.

Thanks,

Jason