mget-help - [mget-help] Fw: a problem in step 2 of the habitat model example 2

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: kirk or judy <>
To: "" <>
Subject: [mget-help] Fw: a problem in step 2 of the habitat model example 2
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:19:07 -0700 (PDT)
try again...

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: kirk or judy <>
To: "" <>
Sent: Wednesday, 25 April 2012 11:57 AM

Hi

I have been trying for the past day and a half to get past the problem in step 2 of the habitat modelling example and I have not been able to, so was hoping for a bit of guidance, please and thanks...

I have a Dell studio 1555 that runs windows 7.

I tried the important notes recommended on  the website as I thought that there might have been a link problem with windows 7, but in fact geoeco was in the right place and I had HabModEx2 in the right place (with the full name...).

Step 1 of the models works well and takes about 15 minutes on this machine and all of the steps within step 1 have the dropdown shadow.  I have had it run successfully about 5 times now :-) This morning (here in NZ) I dumped all of the extracted files and re-extracted (is that a word?) everything making sure all was fresh and new.  I ran step1 from arccatalogue; all was sweet as... Ran step 2 and came up against the same problem towards the end of the processing where field 3 is to be calculated with obs_date changed to date of nearest track line but the "field name was not found or there was unbalanced quotation marks".  I did check the equation (not this time but earlier trials) and it looked to me like the quotations were balanced.  Plus the parts of the model that field 3 refers back to seemed to have run ok.

I am not a programmer and at best a reasonable user of computers although I could enviously wish otherwise :-)

Any help you might offer in how to circumvent this breakdown would be greatly appreciated.  And if you require more info pictures etc  I will happily provide them...

Happy ANZAC day for those of you who follow world war 2 commemorations

Judy Rodda
PhD Candidate
Surveying and Zoology Depts
University of Otago