mget-help - RE: [mget-help] error message troubleshoot

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'Lorna'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] error message troubleshoot
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:01:33 -0400

Dear Lorna,

This sounds like an installation problem. Since you are not sure whether it was every properly working, I suggest you start over with the installation using the latest version. To do that:

1.    Close all ArcGIS programs.

2.    Go to the Windows Control Panel. If Windows Vista or 7, start the Programs and Features icon. If Windows XP, start the Add/Remove Programs icon. (I am not sure what these icons are named in languages other than English.)

3.    Scroll down and find a program that begins with Python 2.5 GeoEco or Python 2.5 Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools. Uninstall it.

4.    Download the latest installation package for MGET from http://code.env.duke.edu/projects/mget. For ArcGIS, it should be the program called MGET-0.8a39.win32-py2.5.exe. Install it.

If that does not work, please let me know. Also let me know whether any other versions of Python are listed in the Windows Control Panel. (Other versions of Python can cause this problem, but I’m not going to explain the details of that unless it is necessary...)

Best regards,

Jason