mget-help - RE: [mget-help] ESRI 10.1

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: "Jason Roberts" <>
To: "'Kevin Knapp'" <>
Cc: <>
Subject: RE: [mget-help] ESRI 10.1
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:06:33 -0400

Kevin,

I apologize for the continued delay with MGET for 10.1. Temporary circumstances beyond my control have reduced the amount of time I’ve been able to spend on MGET since the middle of August.

You are welcome to try a preliminary build, available at http://www.duke.edu/~jjr8/MGET-0.8a44.win32-py2.7.exe. It has received very light testing, so there may be compatibility problems. Also, I have not had time to implement an important optimization (support for the arcpy.da module introduced in 10.1) that should greatly speed up certain tools that process tables or feature classes, such as the various Interpolate tools and the statistical model fitting tools.

If you do try it, please let me know if you find any problems. I’ll support it as best I can while these “temporary circumstances” are still going on.

I currently anticipate that we’ll have a better-tested, optimizations-included build available in 1-2 weeks. It turns out that part of what I’ve been diverted to do now will benefit from the optimization, so I can justify some progress on MGET even under these circumstances…

Best,

Jason