mget-help - [mget-help] Problem with Data Products

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

From: Roxanne Duncan - NOAA Affiliate <>
Subject: [mget-help] Problem with Data Products
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:35:58 -0500
Good morning

I'm not sure if this issue has been brought to your attention yet (I've checked through the recent archives but I haven't seen anything mentioning it) but OPeNDAP is not working anymore. I have tried two tools in Data Products (AVISO and NOAA OSCAR) and I have gotten the same error message that the URL is not opening. When I search for the URL (http://dapper.pmel.noaa.gov/dapper/oscar/world_sfc-third.nc) referenced in the error message, there is a note stating that "Due to severe resource reductions, the DChart and Dapper data access web pages and OpenDAP data services (dapper.pmel.noaa.gov/dapper and dapper.pmel.noaa.gov/dChart) are no longer available".
I would also like to know if there is another way to use the tool for AVISO and OSCAR without the present URL? I would prefer to use the MGET tool because it allows me to subset the map before downloading it which makes it a lot easier to manage in ArcGIS.

Thank you for your time
Best regards
Roxanne Duncan
Archives powered by MHonArc.