mget-help - [mget-help] extracting SST measurements from a dataset using MGet tool

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

[mget-help] extracting SST measurements from a dataset using MGet tool

  • From: Michelle Valliant <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [mget-help] extracting SST measurements from a dataset using MGet tool
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:14:45 -0700

Hello,

I am currently using the MGet tool through ARCMap to extract Sea Surface Temperature but for some reason the majority of the data extracted for SST has come up as being -9999. I am not sure why these values are coming up.

All of the data points are located within the water so that they are able to be picked up by the Aqua satellite and each point has been given a time and date.

This is the process steps that I have been using:
I am using the GHRSST JPL PO.DAAC --> MODIS Global Level 3 Mapped SST to then interpolate PO.DAAC MODIS L3 SST at points.
Satellite: Aqua
Temporal Resolution: 8day
Spatial Resolution: 9km
Geophysical parameter: SST
Dataset variable: sst
Point Features:
Field to recieve the interpolated values:
Date field: Date_

I was wondering if you would have any advice or suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,

Michelle Valliant

--
Michelle Valliant

Bsc. Marine Biology
Geographic Information System (GIS) Diploma
Memorial University of Newfoundland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page