mget-help - RE: [mget-help] greetings and consultation

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

RE: [mget-help] greetings and consultation

  • From: Jason Roberts <>
  • To: Reinaldo Javier Rivera Jara <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [mget-help] greetings and consultation
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 20:41:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Dear Rienaldo,

Greetings! Thanks for your interest in MGET. Can you please be more specific about the problem you are seeing?

One way to test whether MGET can communicate with R is this:

1.    Start ArcCatalog or ArcMap.

2.    Open the ArcToolbox window. Navigate to Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools à Statistics à Evaluate R Statements

3.    Open the tool called Evaluate R Statements.

4.    In the R statements parameter, type in print(1+1) and click the OK button to run the tool. You should get output that looks like this:

Executing: REvaluate print(1+1) true # # x y z m true # # #

Start Time: Fri Nov 13 15:39:51 2015

Running script REvaluate...

[1] 2

Completed script REvaluate...

Succeeded at Fri Nov 13 15:39:57 2015 (Elapsed Time: 6.06 seconds)

The [1] 2 is the output of the print(1+1) statement from R.

Best regards,

Jason