mget-help - [mget-help] MGET: Binary Raster to ArcGIS Raster Conversion

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

[mget-help] MGET: Binary Raster to ArcGIS Raster Conversion

  • From: Helaine Linden <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [mget-help] MGET: Binary Raster to ArcGIS Raster Conversion
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:52:56 -0400

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Ellie Linden, I'm a Master's student at the University of Connecticut attempting to use the MGET toolbox to convert Binary Rasters to ArcGIS rasters. I have many BIL rasters that need to be converted to a TIF format, but I am having trouble finding a way to do this as a batch process. I am able to get the "Convert Binary Raster to ArcGIS Raster" tool to work when I input one BIL file along with the Column/Row/Coordinate/Cell Size information. However, I am trying to do this for multiple rasters within a folder.

First, I tried to use the "Iterate Raster" tool in Model Builder, but didn't have success; I don't think the the iterator read the BIL files as "rasters" because they do not yet have the header information. I then tried to use the "Find Binary Rasters and Convert to ArcGIS Rasters" tool. However, I am getting the error attached. It appears the outputs are overwriting each other because they are not given unique names. Since the tool just asks for the Output Workspace, I'm not sure how to use %Name% to assign each output a different name.

Has this problem occurred before, and do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Ellie Linden

Inline image 1

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.