mget-help - RE: [mget-help] ERROR "find Cayula-CornillonFronts in GHRSST L4 SST"

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

RE: [mget-help] ERROR "find Cayula-CornillonFronts in GHRSST L4 SST"

  • From: Jason Roberts <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "White, George" <>
  • Subject: RE: [mget-help] ERROR "find Cayula-CornillonFronts in GHRSST L4 SST"
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:43:03 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Gustavo,

When I tried the MGET NASA tools this morning without using https, they
worked for me. I'm not sure why. In any case, it is better to use https now
that NASA PO.DAAC supports it. I attached a file that patches the MGET code
to use https. To install this file:

1. Make sure you have MGET 0.8a68 installed.

2. Close all ArcGIS programs.

3. Copy the attached file to the
C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.5\Lib\site-packages\GeoEco\DataProducts\NASA directory,
overwriting the file that is there. You will have to adjust this directory
based on your version of ArcGIS.

4. Start MGET and try the GHRSST tool again.

Note that there is an optimization problem with the tool that will cause it
to take a long time to download the first file. The tool is downloading the
thredds catalog for an entire year even when you only need one image from
that year. I am not sure why this is happening; I thought that I fixed this
problem earlier. In any case, if you have a fast internet connection, you may
experience a day of a minute or so while this process occurs. It does not
require much bandwidth, just many round trips. After that is done the
download should proceed at the normal pace.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

Best regards,

Jason