mget-help - Re: [mget-help] New OPENDAP url for AVISO

Please Wait...

Subject: Marine Geospatial Ecology Tools (MGET) help

Text archives

Re: [mget-help] New OPENDAP url for AVISO

  • From: Gianmarco INGROSSO <>
  • To: Jason Roberts <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [mget-help] New OPENDAP url for AVISO
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:58:43 +0200

Daer Jason,
Thank you for this. But please note that the Aviso geostrophic currents are always into the Aviso OPENDAP…what is changed is the url (https://www.aviso.altimetry.fr/en/data/data-access)
And are necessary new credential (user and password)to access.
Keep in touch for the next week
All the best
Gianmarco

---

Gianmarco Ingrosso, PhD
Laboratory of Marine Biology
Department of Biological and Environmental Science and Technologies (DiSTeBA)
University of Salento
73100 Lecce, Italy

Cell: +39 3276903034
Office: +39 0832298885
e-mail:
Skype: gianmarcoingrosso

Il giorno 09 lug 2018, alle ore 20:01, Jason Roberts <> ha scritto:

Dear Gianmarco,

This week I will finish a period of frequent travel and meetings. I can look at this in detail next week. I’m sorry about the delay.

The overall problem is that AVISO has been shifting distribution of their ocean currents products to the CMEMS service. They may have finally “flipped the switch” to move everything over. If so, I will need to change the connectivity simulation tools to download currents from CMEMS instead. Unfortunately this is not a trivial change, because CMEMS does not offer OPeNDAP so I have to get the files with FTP instead. The code has already been written to do that, but the change is complicated enough that I can’t just send a quick patch right now to fix your installation.

All the best,

Jason

Dear Jason,
I hope you are doing well. As probably you know, recently the OPENDAP url of AVISO has been modified.
(https://www.aviso.altimetry.fr/en/data/data-access.html). New credential are also necessary to access at the AVISO OPENDAP
So, with the MGET (my version is 0.8a68) now I’m not able to download the AVISO geostrophic current into the simulation directory for a connectivity analysis.
How I can resolve this issue? It is a simple problem (the simple change of the url) or it will require more time and a new version of MGET?
Thank you very much for your help and for the fantastic tool that you and your research group made.
Looking forward hearing from you

Best regards

Gianmarco

---

Gianmarco Ingrosso, PhD
Laboratory of Marine Biology
Department of Biological and Environmental Science and Technologies (DiSTeBA)
University of Salento
73100 Lecce, Italy

Cell:                        +39 3276903034
Office:    +39 0832298885
e-mail:
Skype: gianmarcoingrosso

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.